Urgent Consultations (We do no operate a walk in service)
Please note: For the time being whilst we offer eConsults we will still operate our urgent on the day appointments for those who need to be seen on the day by our Duty Doctor. By completing an eCONSULT the system will advise the patient if it would be better to call the surgery or 111 on the same day. Otherwise the team will get back to you by the end of the next working day, for a clinical issue.
- We operate a service for urgent problems on the day at both Hall Grove (all day) and Parkway surgeries (every morning).
- We urge patients to only discuss ONE problem with the doctor in the urgent surgeries as these appointments are shorter to ensure all urgent cases can be assessed that day. We strongly advise patients for non-urgent or chronic problems to use our eConsult platform.
- After midday, we will continue to see patients that requires an appointment if it is deemed to be an urgent problem that must be seen that day. The receptions will ask for a brief explanation of your medical condition to pass onto the On-Call Doctor who will then call you back and give you an appointment within the time scale deemed clinically appropriate.
- We DO NOT operate a walk in service. All appointments are booked and those requiring an urgent on the day appointment will be contacted back and given a time to come down. It is important to bare in mind that the Duty Doctor can be extremely busy and it can take up to a few hours to be contacted back.
- Please note if you need urgent advice and are unable to get through to the surgery please contact 111
If your condition was to deteriorate whilst waiting you should either call 111 or 999 depending on the severity of your symptoms. Same applies from 6:30pm onwards as the surgery will be closed.