- We are a team of dedicated primary care professionals made up of 9 GP Partners, training doctors and allied health care professionals. We have a hard working managerial team who look after the day to day running of the practice. Our dedicated reception team and secretaries are here to help you.
- We strongly believe in training the future medical work force and have committed to training medical students and junior doctors at the practice. We are an approved training practice in East of England for training GPs and Foundation Year 2 Doctors. We teach medical students from Kings College London and Cambridge and often accept students from other London based medical schools.
- We are a forward thinking practice and wish to implement innovative ideas to try and improve our patients' satisfaction. We have recently launched a new platform called eCONSULT to allow patients to contact the surgery via a online portal. We will respond to each submission by the end of the next working day, for a clinical issue. The main purpose for using this is to make sure the patient is given the right outcome (advice or appointment) with the right team member (Doctor, Nurse, Health Care Assistant, Physio or Social Prescriber) within the right time frame.
- Self Help Advice and Online Pharmacy Advice: Why not visit the eCONSULT website by clicking on the link on the front page and obtain reliable self help advice or pharamcy advice by clicking on the condition you are suffering with ?
- Both Hall Grove and Parkway surgeries are part of the same practice with the same computer system and same doctors doing sessions at both sites. We are pleased to inform our patients that we are now part of a Primary Care Network allowing us to work in collaberation with Garden City Practice and Spring House.
- We have an active Patient Participation Group called Patients’ Voice which we would love our patients to get involved with. Click on the Patients Voice on the home page for more information.
Private letters, medical insurance reports and much more. Click here to find out our fees for these services.
GP Partner Recruitment
Please click here for the Job Description for a GP Partner position.
Applications open now.
Closing date: 30th September 2023
Interviews: October 2023
How to Complain
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks, and preferably in writing to the ‘Practice Manager’ at Hall Grove Group Practice, 20 Parkway, Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6HG.
Complaints can be made up to 12 months after the incident that gave rise to the complaint, or within 12 months of discovering that you have cause to complain.
In the event of you not wishing to complain to the practice you should make your complaint to NHS England. You can contact them on 03003 11 22 33 email: email@example.com Post: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT. Patients can talk to NHS England in British Sign Language (BSL) via a video call to a BSL interpreter.
What we shall do
We shall acknowledge your complaint within three working days and aim to have looked into you complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.
When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:
- Find out what happened and what went wrong
- Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate
- Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
Complaining on behalf of someone else
Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.
Dissatisfied with the response
If you remain dissatisfied with the response to your complaint, you have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) to review your case. The Ombudsman’s role is to make final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved locally by the NHS in England. Visit the 'Making a complaint page' at http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint (to complain online or download a paper form). Alternatively you may call the PHSO Customer Helpline on 0345 015 4033 Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm and Friday 8.30am to 12 mid-day or send a text to their 'call back' service with your name and mobile number to 07624 813 005.
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP
2022-2023 Financial Year
All GP Practices are required to declare mean earnings (i.e. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice. The average pay for GPs working in the practice of Hall Grove Group Practice in the last financial year was £90,439 before tax and National Insurance. This is for 2 full time GPs and 7 part time GPs who worked in the practice for more than six months.